Monday 21 May 2012

Chinese Noodles with Cockles and Green Pesto Sauce


A healthy, tasty and satisfying lunch in less than ten minutes from start to finish - how does that sound? That is exactly what this dish represents, even though it came about entirely by accident. It was when I found the supposedly fresh chicken I had bought for my lunch to be more foul than fowl that I found myself looking for an alternative. As I shop seven days a week for fresh ingredients, I don't tend to keep a lot of food in the house. A quick scavenge of the fridge and cupboards led to me creating this incredibly simple but delicious dish.


Ingredients per Person

4oz dried Chinese egg noodles
1 tbsp cockles in brine
2 tsp green pesto sauce
Sea salt
4 or 5 fresh basil to garnish


Directions

You should of course follow the instructions on the pack of noodles you buy but this variety required them to be simmered in salted water for four minutes. They should then be drained thoroughly through a colander and returned to the empty pot.


Spoon the pesto sauce and cockles in to the pot with the noodles. Use a wooden spoon to carefully stir around and ensure everything is evenly combined.


Spoon the noodles in to a serving bowl, scatter with the finely sliced basil leaves to garnish and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment